TOYOTA ROLLS OUT ALL-NEW YARIS CROSS IN JAPAN
Revamping the Typical Concept of a Compact SUV, Yaris Cross Provides Novel Value
Toyota Motor Corporation (Toyota) announced the release of the Yaris Cross, a new-model compact SUV.
Yaris Cross carries on the nimble driving, advanced security and safety technology, and superior fuel economy of the Yaris series while providing new value as an urban-type compact SUV that not only provides convenience but is also imbued with the individuality and lifestyle of the driver and its passengers.
- Well-balanced and refined proportions that depict the robustness and presence unique to an SUV
- An easy-to-use and uncompromising luggage room supports an active lifestyle
- Employs a four-wheel drive system capable of responding to various road surface conditions for both gasoline-powered and hybrid system models
- The hybrid electric vehicle (HEV) system allows Yaris to achieve a world-class, top level fuel economy for its class that surpasses what is considered typical performance for an SUV
- Added many advanced features for a safe, secure, comfortable and convenient drive, as many consumers drive this class of SUV
The development of the new-generation Yaris Cross aims to pursue new value as a compact SUV that not only offers convenience but also carries on the nimble driving, advanced security and safety technology, and superior fuel economy features of the Yaris series.
A 4WD (four-wheel drive) system affords a seamless driving performance for a wide range of activities from urban driving to leisure activities. The gasoline-powered model is loaded with functions that offer a satisfying SUV driving performance, including 'Multi-terrain Select' that allows the driver to choose between three modes to adjust to road surface conditions. Toyota is also offering HEV models featuring the E-Four (electric 4WD system) for the first time on a compact car. Furthermore, the hybrid variant achieves world-class, top level fuel economy for its class (2WD, 30.8 km/L(1) in WLTC mode) that surpasses what is the typical performance of an SUV.
The Yaris Cross renews the traditional concept of a compact SUV, including its driving performance, convenience and safety functions. It will provide new value as an urban-type SUV imbued with the individuality and lifestyle of the driver and its passengers.