• By The Financial District

TRUMP BACK AT WHITE HOUSE BUT DOC SAYS ‘HE ISN’T OUT OF THE WOODS’

After spending three nights at the Walter Reed medical center, President Trump returned on Monday evening to the White House, where he will continue to receive treatment for COVID-19. His physician, Dr. Sean P. Conley, had said earlier in the day that the president was not “out of the woods yet,” the New York Times reported. 

The three major network newscasts on ABC, CBS and NBC carried it all live, the kind of blanket television coverage that Mr. Trump relishes. But after climbing the stairs, Mr. Trump appeared to be short of breath. At a briefing earlier in the day, Dr. Conley said, “Over the past 24 hours, the president has continued to improve,” adding, “He’s met or exceeded all standard hospital discharge criteria.” 


The president’s doctors evaded some key questions about the president’s condition, including his lung function and the date of his last negative coronavirus test before he tested positive. They said that he had received a third dose of the antiviral drug remdesivir, and that he has continued to take dexamethasone, a steroid drug that has been shown to be beneficial to patients who are very sick with COVID-19. 


Dr. Conley did not give a firm answer about whether Mr. Trump would be confined to his residence. The West Wing is experiencing a growing outbreak, with Mr. Trump’s press secretary, Kayleigh McEnany, joining the list on Monday of his close aides who have tested positive.