top of page

Trump Slams Jimmy Kimmel’s Return, Threatens ABC Anew

  • Writer: By The Financial District
    By The Financial District
  • Sep 29
  • 2 min read

President Donald Trump launched a fresh attack on ABC and Jimmy Kimmel following the network’s decision to bring the late-night host back on air after a contentious six-day suspension, threatening new legal action against the Disney-owned broadcaster while referencing a previous settlement, Dave Smith reported for Fortune.


ABC suspended Jimmy Kimmel Live indefinitely on Sept. 17 following comments Kimmel made about the assassination of conservative activist Charlie Kirk. (Photo: Biden White House Archived Flickr) 
ABC suspended Jimmy Kimmel Live indefinitely on Sept. 17 following comments Kimmel made about the assassination of conservative activist Charlie Kirk. (Photo: Biden White House Archived Flickr) 
ree
ree

Writing on Truth Social just about an hour before Kimmel’s Tuesday night return, Trump said, “I can’t believe ABC Fake News gave Jimmy Kimmel his job back. The White House was told by ABC that his show was cancelled!”


The president went on to question the network’s decision, asking why they would “want someone back who does so poorly, who’s not funny, and who puts the network in jeopardy by playing 99% positive Democrat GARBAGE.”


Most notably, Trump suggested potential legal action, stating, “I think we’re going to test ABC out on this. Let’s see how we do. Last time I went after them, they gave me $16 Million Dollars. This one sound's even more lucrative.”


The $16 million figure Trump referenced stems from ABC News’s December 2024 settlement of a defamation lawsuit involving anchor George Stephanopoulos.


ree

ABC agreed to pay $15 million to Trump’s presidential foundation and museum, plus $1 million in legal fees, after Stephanopoulos incorrectly stated on air that Trump had been found civilly liable for rape in the E. Jean Carroll case.


A jury had actually found Trump liable for sexual abuse and defamation but not rape as defined under New York law.


ABC suspended Jimmy Kimmel Live indefinitely on Sept. 17 following comments Kimmel made about the assassination of conservative activist Charlie Kirk.


In his Sept. 15 monologue, Kimmel criticized Trump supporters’ response to Kirk’s death, saying, “The MAGA gang is desperately trying to characterize this kid who murdered Charlie Kirk as anything other than one of them, and they are doing everything they can to score political points from it.”



ree
ree
ree





 
 
TFD (Facebook Profile) (1).png
TFD (Facebook Profile) (3).png

Register for News Alerts

  • LinkedIn
  • Instagram
  • X
  • YouTube

Thank you for Subscribing

The Financial District®  2023

bottom of page