Turkish Diplomat Warns U.S. Against Attacking Iran
- By The Financial District

- Feb 2
- 1 min read
Türkiye’s Foreign Minister Hakan Fidan has warned that a United States attack on Iran would be “wrong,” calling on Washington and Tehran to resolve their issues diplomatically and gradually, Al Jazeera reported.

In an interview with Al Jazeera’s Resul Serdar Atas, segments revealed Fidan urged regional cooperation as the US amasses military assets in the Middle East amid rising tensions with Iran.
The US has sent an aircraft carrier strike group to the Gulf as President Donald Trump continues to threaten renewed attacks against Iran following last June’s 12-day conflict.
Iranian officials, for their part, have vowed to launch a “comprehensive and regret-inducing response” if attacked again.
Earlier this month, Trump told Iranian anti-government protesters that “help is on the way,” urging them to seize state institutions.
On Tuesday, Trump highlighted the growing US military presence in the region while keeping the door open for diplomacy. “By the way, there’s another beautiful armada floating beautifully toward Iran right now. So we’ll see. I hope they make a deal,” he told supporters at a rally.
Despite the escalating rhetoric, Fidan suggested a diplomatic resolution remains possible. “Iran is ready to negotiate the nuclear file again,” the top Turkish diplomat said.





![TFD [LOGO] (10).png](https://static.wixstatic.com/media/bea252_c1775b2fb69c4411abe5f0d27e15b130~mv2.png/v1/crop/x_150,y_143,w_1221,h_1193/fill/w_179,h_176,al_c,q_85,usm_0.66_1.00_0.01,enc_avif,quality_auto/TFD%20%5BLOGO%5D%20(10).png)








