top of page
  • Writer's pictureBy The Financial District

50% Of Young Japanese Employees Hired During Pandemic Want To Quit

Approximately half of the young employees who joined their companies amid the coronavirus pandemic express a desire to quit, according to a mental health survey conducted by a Tokyo-based medical consulting firm, as reported by Yuko Shimada for Mainichi Japan.


In recent years, more than 30% of employees have left their jobs within three years of being hired.



In recent years, more than 30% of employees have left their jobs within three years of being hired. Communication appears to be crucial in preventing early turnover among young employees.


The online survey by T-Pec Corp. in July involved 1,000 participants aged 18 to 25 who joined their companies between 2020 and 2023 and have been employed for less than three years.



When asked if they ever wanted to quit their jobs, 20.4% responded affirmatively, stating they always did, and 30.6% mentioned they sometimes did, indicating that a total of 51% felt the desire to quit. Regarding stress at work, 59.8% answered affirmatively, with "relationships with co-workers and bosses" identified as the top cause at 34.8%.




Optimize asset flow management and real-time inventory visibility with RFID tracking devices and custom cloud solutions.
Sweetmat disinfection mat

Comments


bottom of page