IS THE PHILIPPINES READY TO REOPEN ITS ECONOMY
According to a report by Now This News, The World Health Organization has identified six key factors that need to be in place in order to start reopening our economy again.
The guide is clear that until a successful vaccine is created and distributed, these six indicators must occur for restrictions to be phased out:
1. New cases are sporadic or in “clusters,” and traceable.
2. Health care systems can effectively detect, test, isolate, and quarantine patients.
3. Outbreaks in settings at high risk for infection, such as group living facilities, are minimized.
4. Workplaces are able to establish preventative measures.
5. Travelers with suspected cases can be managed by being placed on quarantine.
6. Communities are fully engaged and responsible for containing the virus.
The report also stressed that transitioning must be based on accurate data on case numbers, along with hospitals and health care providers’ ability to treat those cases. It also recommends that countries like the Philippines introduce the transition in phases, to avoid reigniting another outbreak. Experts should assess the risk of reopening schools and businesses, and then move on to social activities like sporting events and concerts. Ideally, the guide continues, a new phase should be introduced every two weeks, because of the incubation period of COVID-19. #coronavirusimpact #COVID19 #NewNormal