PRESIDENT TRUMP INVITES RESTAURANT OPERATORS TO ADVISE GOVERNMENT ON REOPENING THE ECONOMY
According to Restaurant Business Online, representatives of 17 chain and independent restaurant operations and a number of industry suppliers have been selected by President Trump to be part of the sounding board that will advise the federal government on reopening the economy.
The food and beverage group consists largely of CEOs of big restaurant companies, with a few chef-operators and multi concept leaders rounding out the food service contingent. Representatives of the National Restaurant Association and the International Franchise Association will also participate, according to the president.
The members with a direct restaurant connection include:
• Chris Kempsczinski, CEO, McDonald’s
• Gene Lee, CEO, Darden Restaurants
• Paul Brown, CEO, Inspire Brands
• Dan Cathy, CEO, Chick-fil-A
• John Chidsey, CEO, Subway
• Dave Deno, CEO, Bloomin’ Brands
• David Gibbs, CEO, Yum Brands
• Rob Lynch, CEO, Papa John’s
• Todd Penegor, CEO, Wendy’s
• Walt Ehmer, CEO, Waffle House
• Kevin Johnson, CEO, Starbucks
• Jimmy John Liautaud, founder, Jimmy John’s
• Ray Washburne, co-founder, M CrowdRestaurantGroup
• Wolfgang Puck, founder, Wolfgang Puck Restaurants
• Thomas Keller, founder, Thomas Keller Restaurants
• Jean-Georges Vongerichten, chef-partner, various fine-dining restaurants
• Daniel Boulud, chef-owner,RestaurantDaniel and other independents
• The NationalRestaurantAssociation will be represented by acting CEO Marvin Irby. The International Franchise Association's designated participant is CEO Robert Cresanti.
James Quincey, CEO of The Coca-Cola Co.; Ramon Laguarta, CEO of PepsiCo; and Michael Mullen, SVP of corporate affairs for The Kraft Heinz Co., are also part of the food and beverage group.
Suppliers participating in a separate group include Tyson, Sysco and Perdue Farms.
[Photo: Donald J.Trump]