Trump Says U.S. Will Restart Talks With China On TikTok Deal
- By The Financial District

- Jul 10
- 1 min read
U.S. President Donald Trump said that the United States will resume discussions with China early next week regarding a potential deal over the TikTok short-video app, Reuters reporters Jasper Ward and Andrea Shalal reported.

A deal had been in the works to spin off TikTok's U.S. operations into a new, majority U.S.-owned company. I Photo: TikTok
“I think we’re gonna start Monday or Tuesday… talking to China, perhaps President Xi or one of his representatives, but we pretty much have a deal,” Trump told reporters aboard Air Force One.
Last month, Trump extended the deadline for China-based ByteDance to divest TikTok’s U.S. assets to September 17.
A deal had been in the works to spin off TikTok's U.S. operations into a new, majority U.S.-owned company. However, negotiations stalled after China opposed the move in response to Trump's announcement of steep new tariffs on Chinese goods.
Trump said a finalized deal would likely require approval from China.
Asked about his confidence in reaching an agreement, he replied, “I’m not confident, but I think so. President Xi and I have a great relationship, and I think it’s good for them. I think the deal is good for China and it’s good for us.”





![TFD [LOGO] (10).png](https://static.wixstatic.com/media/bea252_c1775b2fb69c4411abe5f0d27e15b130~mv2.png/v1/crop/x_150,y_143,w_1221,h_1193/fill/w_179,h_176,al_c,q_85,usm_0.66_1.00_0.01,enc_avif,quality_auto/TFD%20%5BLOGO%5D%20(10).png)









